New National Education Policy 2020: NEP gets Cabinet Approval, MHRD now Ministry of EducationAbility India
Cabinet under Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given approval to a new education policy for the 21st century. It is important, as for 34 years there were no changes in the education policy: Union Minister Prakash Javadekar.
The government on Wednesday unveiled the new National Education Policy bringing a number of reforms almost after 34 years. one of the salient features of the new education policy is replacing the 10+2 structure of school curriculum with a 5+3+3+4 curriculum structure corresponding to age groups 3-8, 8-11, 11-14, and 14-18 years respectively. Other salient features of the Policy are;
- 10+2 board structure is dropped
- New school structure will be 5+3+3+4
- Upto 5 pre school, 6 to 8 Mid School, 8 to 11 High School , 12 onwards Graduation
- Any Degree will be 4 years
- 6th std onwards vocational courses available
- From 8th to 11 students can choose subjects
- All graduation course will have major and minor
Example – science student can have Physics as Major and Music as minor also. Any combination he can choose
- All higher education will be governed by only one authority.
- UGC AICTE will be merged.
- All University government, private, Open, Deemed, Vocational etc will have same grading and other rules.
- New Teacher Training board will be setup for all kinds of teachers in country, no state can change
- Same level of Accreditation to any collage , based on its rating collage will get autonomous rights and funds.
- New Basic learning program will be created by government for parents to teach children upto 3 years in home and for pre school 3 to 6
- Multiple entry and exit from any course
- Credit system for graduation for each year student will get some credits which he can utilize if he takes break in course and come back again to complete course.
- All schools exams will be semester wise twise a year
- The syllabus will be reduced to core knowledge of any subject only
- More focus on student practical and application knowledge
- For any graduation course if student complete only one year he will get a basic certificate, if he complete two years then he will get Diploma certificate and if he complete full course then he will get degree certificate. So no year of any student will ve vested if he break the course in between.
- All the graduation course feed of all Universities will be governed by single authority with capping on each course.
Leave a Reply