Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya National Institute for Persons with Physical Disabilities (PDUNIPPD), DelhiAbility India
PDUNIPPD is an autonomous organization under the administrative and financial control of Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India. The Institute for the Physically Handicapped came into being when the erstwhile Jawahar Lal Nehru Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and other allied institution run by the council for the Aid of crippled & handicapped were taken over by the Government of India on 22nd May 1975 and converted into an autonomous body in the year 1976. It was renamed after Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya in the year 2002.
The main aims and objectives of the Institute are as follows:-
- To undertake the training of Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and other such professionals needed for providing services to the disabled persons.
- To offer education, training, work-adjustment and such other rehabilitation services as the society may deem fit to orthopedic disabled persons with or without associated mental retardation.
- To undertake the manufacturing and distribution of such aids and appliances as are needed for the education, training and rehabilitation of the disabled persons.
- To provide such other services as may be considered appropriate for promoting the education and rehabilitation of the disabled persons, including organizing meetings, seminars and symposia.
- To undertake, initiate, sponsor or stimulate research aimed at developing more effective techniques for the education and rehabilitation of the disabled persons.
- To co-operate with national, regional or local agencies in research or such other activities as may be designed to promote the development of services for the disabled persons.
- To undertake or sponsor such publications as may be considered appropriate.
- To do such other things as may be necessary or incidental to the realization of the above objectives…
PDUNIPPD can be reached at:
Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya National Institute for Persons with Physical Disabilities (DIVYANGJAN)
(Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India)
4, Vishnu Digamber Marg, New Delhi 110002.
Ph. No.011- 23233782, 23233672 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.iphnewdelhi.in/