AICTE : Saksham Scholarship scheme for Student with DisabilitiesAbility India
Saksham is a MHRD Scheme being implemented by of AICTE aimed at providing encouragement and support to specially abled children to pursue Technical Education. This is an attempt to give every young student, who is otherwise specially abled, the opportunity too study further and prepare for a successful future.
Salient Features of the Scheme
- Total Number of Scholarship-1000 per Annum ( 500 for Degree and 500 for Diploma)
- The Scholarships for Degree and Diploma are transferable in event of non-availability of eligible applicant in any of the Degree/Diploma level Programme.
- The candidate should be admitted to 1 st year of Degree / Diploma course in any of the AICTE approved Institution of respective year through Centralized Admission process of the State/Central Government.
- Specially Abled Student, having disability of not less than 40% and family income not more than 8 lakh per annum during the preceding financial year (in case of married girl, the income of parents/in-laws, whichever is higher will be considered).
- The selection of candidate will be made on merit on the basis of qualifying examination to peruse the respective Technical Degree/Diploma course from any of the AICTE approved institution.
- Amount of scholarship: Tuition Fee of Rs. 30,000/- or at actual, whichever is less and Rs.2000/- per month for 10 months as incidentals charges each year. In case of Tuition fee waiver/reimbursement, Students are eligible to get an amount of Rs. 30,000/- for the purchase of Books/ Equipment/ Softwares/ Laptop/ Desktop/ Vehicle/ Fee paid towards competitive examination applications forms/exam/ specific equipments/ software’s for visually impaired/ speech and hearing disabled.
- Reservation-15% for SC, 7.5% for ST and 27% for OBC candidate/applicant.
- Mark Sheet of standard Xth /XIIth / others as applicable.
- Annual family Income Certificate for the preceding financial year in the prescribed format issued by not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Disability certificate issued by Competent Authority
- Admission letter issued by Directorate of Technical Education for the admission in Diploma/Degree course.
- Certificate issued by the Director/Principal/ Head of the Institute.
- Tuition fee receipt.
- AADHAR seeded Bank Pass Book in the name of the student indicating Account number, IFSC code and Photograph
- Caste Certificate for SC/ST/OBC category.
- AADHAR card.
- Declaration by parents duly signed stating that the information provided by their child is correct and will refund Scholarship amount, if found false at any stage.
Ref: aicte-india.org/ Source: eabled.in